Tuesday 14 May 2013

Concealer Loving ;)

My Top Three Concealers

1, Clinique Airbrush Concealer (Fair) - £17.00
2, Elizabeth Arden Ceramide Lift & Firm Concealer (Fair) - £19.00
3, Soap & Glory Kick Ass Concealer (Light) - £10.00


My overall favourite concealer is definitely the Clinique. (far left) At £17 a pop it is at the higher end of the market but it is absolutely worth the money. Glides on really nicely & covers the dark patches under my eyes brilliantly & ALL day. It only comes in three shades but if put underneath foundation it blends very well and has a medium to high coverage that is completely build-able. The only downside to this product is that the tube doesn't last a great deal of time. I ran out pretty quickly and at this price this makes me really sad when having to purchase another. If it wasn't so brilliant I would have thought twice about repurchasing.


The Elizabeth Arden (centre) is a fairly new addition to my little make up family. I purchased after the woman on the counter recommended it as a high coverage concealer, especially good for the under eye area. Reviews online also backed this up & I actually completely agree. Very smooth formula and dries very matte, excellent coverage and looks flawless. The downside... doesn't stay on all day, fades around 5-6 hours into the day & if re-applying you have to be very careful as it easily can look cakey if being placed on top of setting powder. Overall it is a very good concealer and I do not regret buying it.

Last but not least is the Soap & Glory (far right). Very disappointed it doesn't smell of anything pretty like everything else from this brand but it is a very very good product. Comes with an under eye concealer and an all over face concealer. In the top is a little setting powder and sponge (which I can't say I've used). I LOVE this under eye concealer. It masks even the darkest eye bags and makes your eyes look so fresh. Brilliant. Downside, the all over concealer is very very drying. I don't have the driest skin or visable pores, but this makes my whole face look very dry, even after lots of moisturiser and with foundation on the top. Its a brilliant coverage concealer overall, but I wish it was less drying :(.

No comments:

Post a Comment