Tuesday 26 March 2013

Wall Art Stickers. Im Addicted!

I could spend hours and hours browsing through these on the net. In fact I spend a whole morning last Sunday doing just that. I first spotted them on next.co.uk whilst having a little browse of their home section but they're quite expensive and I didn't want to spend a fortune & having to put it up myself and make a huge disaster of it all. So I had a quick Google search & found that eBay is absolutely full of sellers selling absolutely everything from Justin Bieber quotes to children's cartoon characters in the wall sticker category for half the price!
 
 
I originally just wanted one for above my bed, a pretty quote or song lyric maybe?
I found this one (below) & I've always absolutely loved this quote :D
 
Life isn't about waiting
for the storm to pass
it's about learning to
Dance in the Rain
 
I love the fonts and spacing and I think it looks brilliant. When it arrived in the post it came packaged in a tube with a little black flattened bit of plastic for pressing it on the wall  with & a little leaflet with instruction on how to apply it. It looked very easy... It wasn't. I have a 'silk' finished paint on my bedroom walls so maybe that had something to do with the vinyl not wanting to stick without having to press on very hard and peeling it away very very slowly. It did take a while but I think it looks really good and looks how I wanted it to. I am very pleased :D
Purchased for £3.49 (bargain) + postage
 
 
 

After I got it on my wall and stood back and looked at it I realised I had caught the bug and wanted moreeeee!
 
I began trawling eBay again for some inspiration and found a really funny
 
'Splish, Splash
I'm taking a Bath'
 
My husband agreed & advised I bought it in red as our bathroom has red accessories. I am glad I did, it looks lovely. The script is so pretty and this one was so much easier to apply that the one in the bedroom. Maybe this is because the paint is in a 'Matt' finish and the vinyl stuck a lot easier and didn't require as much effort as the other one. It may have been because I chose a different company and the vinyl was a different type or a better quality, but yet again I am very very pleased with it & it definitely brightens up our bathroom and is a lovely feature people are already complimenting.
This one is in Medium for £5.99 + postage
 

 
 
I've already ordered a pretty design saying 'The Kitchen Is The Heart Of The Home' for my kitchen :)
absolutely addicted ;) it may not be to every ones taste, but personally I love them and think they're a brilliant way to personalise your home when your on a budget.

No comments:

Post a Comment