Sunday 24 March 2013

Candle Obsessed!

I thought I would start with the candles I have been loving and using this week. I absolutely love scented candles and love my home to smell beautiful :). Generally I love winter spiced scents, like the reds and orange colours, the Christmassy smells, but I thought for a change we could do with something fruity for spring.
 

Last week I took a trip to TK MAXX & picked up a 'Copenhagen Candle' (on the left) in 'Fig & Herb'. It was about £4.99 down from £6.99 RRP and a single wicked (what I believe to be a medium) luxury wax candle. It smelt lovely in the shop & was purple/pink to match my living room so it was a quick purchase. When I burnt this candle the real aroma really is unleashed. Wow. It has a really sweet smell, but not that sweet it will make you feel nauseous. Absolutely gorgeous, the best candle I have ever purchased in a long time, and I would definitely recommend it to anyone. I've had so many compliments from this candle & as you can probably tell from the picture it has been well loved & needs to be re-purchased. Burning time - Approx. 50 hours.
 
On Saturday morning I, like many nutters in the UK queued up at 7am for the opening of the store NEXT, whose sales are famous for being 50% off or less. First area I run to is always the Home section, as I absolutely love NEXT's home wares. first thing I spotted was a absolutely HUGE candle in a gorgeous jar, originally £12 reduced to £6 (In the centre of the above image). I picked up the scent 'Pomegranate & Patchouli', smells divine. It has three wicks and is a very slow burner. I absolutely love the jar its in, the design is like lots of little stars all joint together. It looks brilliant on my dining room table through the day, very pretty.
Burning time not stated but I expect about 100 hours. Its a very large candle
 
Last but not least, 'Homebase' the hardware and decorating warehouse store had a massive Easter sale on many items for the home so I picked up two 'StarLytes' candles for £4 each, reduced from £8. The one I've been burning at the moment is the 'Pomegranate & Pear' scent (pictured on the right). Again nice big jar and a gorgeous scent that fills the entire room. The best thing about this candle is definitely the blend of wax. It states on the jar it is a 'Natural Soy Blend'. I absolutely love soy blends as the wax melts very quickly and the whole candle is burnt, not just down the centre but the entire candle, so you get a brilliant burn time. Very very pleased with this candle & I will be checking if the offer is still on so I can fill my cupboards full of these. Brilliant value, can't wait to try the Vanilla scent I also purchased.
Burning time - Approx. 150 Hours.
 
I would definitely recommend all of these above. All are great for your home, or as gifts :)
 
Thanks for reading
 
Robyn

No comments:

Post a Comment